Wednesday 10 September 2008

Anger Management

MCV and CVG brought my attention to this charming little blog this morning.

I wish that I was one of those people who could read things like this, and calmly detach themselves from it, think this is just one of those nutters that will shout and scream in impotent rage until they are blue in the face, and the only person that will suffer is them. I wish I was like that.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go straight to the comments and write YOU R A FUKIN A**HOLE AND YOU IS WRONG, but I can't help but...seeth with rage as I read it.

I think the reason is that I can't stand the smug self-righteousness that is impossible to have any meaningful kind of argument with. The kind of argument that, not satisfied with berating a game for disagreeing with your values, it goes on to casually decry it's creators as evil promotors of homosexuality. The kind of argument that responds to comments by calmly stating that people 'often get defensive when they know they are wrong'.

Seriously, how can somebody be that annoying and then complain when they receive death threats? And when are the moralists who regularly decry computer games as the greatest evil of the 21st century going to realise that they are the best marketeers in the whole anarchic industry?

That said, some of you venomous commentators should really chill out! As a result of the massive flame war that is the anti-spore blog, the opinions of that idiot are going to be far wider read than this blog will ever be, which is a shame because I would like to think that mine is a little more entertaining.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: